10 April 2013

PFF cancels Suzuki Under-23 tourney

Tuesday, April 9, 2013
THE long wait will have to be prolonged again as the continuation of the Philippine Football Federation Suzuki Under-23 National Cup has been cancelled indefinitely.
The tournament, which is now on the regional qualifying round, was due to resume on April 15-20 in San Carlos City but was postponed by the PFF Competition Department.
In a letter released to the general secretaries of the qualifying football associations, the organizers appealed to wait for further advice for the dates of the regional qualifying round.
The committee also did not state the reason for the suspension of the games next week.
The Cebu Football Association will be competing with other Visayas teams—Negros Occidental Football Association and Iloilo Football Association (CFA).
The regional qualifiers in Luzon and Mindanao were also put on hold until further notice.
Meanwhile, University of San Jose-Recoletos head coach Joselito Bono said the team will be ready any time.
USJ-R booters make up the core group of the CFA after winning the 14th Aboitiz Football Cup Under-23 competition last year for the right to represent Cebu in the two-year tournament.
Bono said the team will be ready for the competition anytime.
He just hopes that it won’t be as soon as the third week of April, which will be the same week as the Palarong Pambansa, as he will be taking charge of elementary football team that will represent Region 7 in the meet set on April 21 in Dumaguete City.

Published in the Sun.Star Cebu newspaper on April 10, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment