01 April 2013

New signings excite Reid


Global unveiled two more players picked up during the transfer window in former national player Joshua Beloya and Koray Gündüzoglu from Turkey.
Underlining its seriousness to make an impact in its maiden appearance in the AFC Presidents Cup as well as retaining the UFL title, Global also picked up Jason de Jong and Ed Sacapano on separate loan deals the past few weeks.
The entry of the four players meant Global also had to let go of players in Matthew Uy, Maverick Madayag, Lexter Maravilla and James Gardner.
“I’m pleased with what we got and we’re ready to go,” said coach Brian Reid.
Reid has yet to make up his mind if he was willing to field Beloya and Koray for the match against Loyola Tuesday night.
“Their match fitness may not be 100 percent yet so maybe a practice match especially for Koray who came from Turkey. He’s only 40-50 percent fit, he might place on the bench but we will see,” said Reid.
Beloya, who played for Kaya last season and was integral to Ceres’ run to the national club title last February, expressed his delight at joining Global.


“It’s nice to be part of a very strong team. It’s makes more fun to play football,” said Beloya, a striker who can also play at midfield.
“I know some of my teammates from the national team and it makes it more fun and I’m happy I get called up to help them in the President’s Cup,” Beloya added.
Koray has a wealth of experience playing in Germany and Turkey.
“I played in SV Sandhausen then I went to Karlsrusher SC in the 2. Bundesliga then I went to Besiktas in Istanbul then here,” said Koray in describing his playing career.
Koray is a friend of national player Stephan Schrock, who currently plays with Hoffenheim in the German Bundesliga.
“Stephan Schrock is my big brother, I know him and I told him I want to make a new beginning, then he asked me to go to the Philippines,” said Koray.

Global FC website

4 comments:

  1. Excited to see Beloya in the UFL Div 1. This kid is talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angelo Marasigan (PSG) -this kid also good and Matthew Uy (Global) to Loyola.
      Juani Guirado returning back to Global. Expect fireworks and great defense tonight.

      Delete
  2. Global is losing its sympathies very fast for me. First De Jong from Stallions now Beloya from Ceres and they still have to get rid of foreign players for the PC but bring more in instead. Atleast the players they are losing will be moving to other teams.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen to that!

      Is there no transfer window in the UFL? It seems like that some teams, for instance Global, is signing and getting rid of players like it is computer game.

      Delete