18 July 2011

Azkal Mulders might not play against Kuwait

Fil-Dutch Paul Mulders might not see action in the Azkals’ match against Kuwait at the end of the month due to a leg infection.

The attacking midfielder suffered an open wound on his left leg after a sliding tackle in Sri Lanka.

“Footballers can’t heal wounds right away because the legs always get stretched," he said via Skype interview Sunday, adding he trained with his club ADO Den Haag last Monday.

Mulders’ condition worsened on Tuesday.

“I already had fever. I woke up and my knee was really big and infected. It was almost as big as my thigh," he said.

“Apparently, bacteria got inside the wound and it spread out."

He was admitted to the emergency room on Saturday to undergo a procedure that would remove the infection.

“Everything’s out now but I’m still taking antibiotics," he said.

Mulders infected the open wound on his left leg that he got in Sri Lanka. He underwent a procedure to remove the infection on Saturday.
Since he is still recuperating, Mulders missed his club’s away match against FK Tauras-Lithuania in the UEFA Europa League. If he does not get completely healed in time, he would also miss the home leg against the Tauras and the Azkals’ World Cup qualifiers against Kuwait.

“I am still in touch with the coach (Michael Weiss) and Sir Dan Palami. If I’m well enough, then I would play for the national team," he said.

“Some of my teammates also emailed me, saying they needed me in the team so I better get well soon. It was really touching that they took time to do that," he ended.

Mulders was a significant force for the Azkals on the midfield during their matches against Sri Lanka.

The Azkals would next face Kuwait in the away leg on July 23. The home leg would be held at the Rizal Football Stadium on July 28. --OMG, GMA News

No comments:

Post a Comment