01 April 2012

An appeal from Matthew Hartmann

An Appeal from Matthew Hartmann

It has been five months since the Southeast Asian Games of 2011. I have not played any football since because of my suspension. Having the game I love not to mention my livelihood taken away from me makes me feel like my life has been put on hold. I am sorry for my actions and to Filipinos everywhere who I know I let down. I am currently serving a suspension and have appealed the long-term ban that was handed out to me. Since that time, I have been cut off from my source of income. I have twice gone to the Philippine Football Federation but on both occasions they were unable to hear my appeal.

My club and family have been very supportive through this difficult time but I would also like to reiterate my sincerest apologies not only to the PFF but also to the Filipino people. I am also praying for a favorable answer to my appeal.

Thank you very much and God bless.

Matthew Hartmann


Bleachers Brew'

4 comments:

  1. a six month suspension is not enough, it should be at least a year, better yet two.
    walking out on your flag is a grave misconduct, my local FA suspended an athlete for two years for punching an opposing player during an official match. matt , did his against the national flag.
    he should have thought of the consequences of his action towards his livelihood and the game he loved!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Do you even know the EXACT details of what happened in the SEA Games? I certainly don't. And unless you do, making the incident seem worse than it is or tamer than it is, in the case it's the former. To the point where you're comparing his situation with another incident which involved violence... its just absolutely idiotic to say the least.

      Six month ban plus a fine... that should be enough and just get on with things already. Enough with the dramatics and all that BS.

      Delete
  2. This is his right to ask an apology and accepting his mistakes it shows his sincerity, since he had been suspended for six months could be possible accepted and enough I think people can understand his situations now as long as it will not happened again.,

    Longer or short period of time suspension is not important as long as a person can accept his mistakes is more acceptable compare those people even suspended more than a year if they will not accept their mistakes its nothing

    Let his mistakes a learning experience with other players ...it is an eye opener to all the players to behave and respect ...for the love of country and the sports....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let him play but put him on probation. Any similar incident while on probation should be a nail on his own coffin.

    "Every dog deserves two bites."

    ReplyDelete