01 November 2011

Ott to play for Azkals in SEA Games

MANILA, Philippines - The Philippine Azkals' Southeast Asian Games campaign got a big boost when Filipino-German midfielder Manny Ott decided to join the team in Jakarta, Indonesia.

In his Facebook account, Ott posted: "Got my ticket today =) Sea Games im coming.... Filipino Heart won!"

Ott previously said that he is looking for a club in Germany. "My heart is beating for the Philippines. I'm very, very sad, but I have to think about my future," he added.

Ott, who made his debut for the senior team in January 2010, said he is looking forward to joining the Azkals in Indonesia.

He will join Azkals mainstay Jason de Jong, along with Matthew and Mark Hartmann as leaders of the Philippine Under-23 football team.

The PH XI are hoping to win their first ever medal for football this year. They will open their SEA Games campaign against a higher-ranked Vietnam squad on Thursday.


ABS CBN News

No comments:

Post a Comment