03 October 2022

Oskari Kekkonen Bids Goodbye

 The talented playmaker withdraws from the team to focus on getting his Master's degree back in Finland.

Kaya FC-Iloilo will be without the services of Oskari Kekkonen for the remainder of the 2022 PFL Season. The midfielder will soon be flying back to his birth country of Finland, where he plans to complete his college education. He’s received the club’s full blessing to do so, parting ways on good terms.

“I’m sad to leave the team and supporters behind me as I’m going back to Finland. That being said, I will be forever grateful for the club to give me the opportunity to represent them in several competitions,” stated Kekkonen. “I can now proudly say that I have been part of Kaya FC-Iloilo.”

Having just turned 23 years old, Oskari played his way into a regular spot on Kaya’s first eleven—starting in twelve of his fourteen appearances for Iloilo. Few players in the country match his level of ball security and distribution, which he displayed both in his time as Kaya’s #6 and as the captain for the Philippines U23 National Team.

In light of his departure, Iloilo now turn to their depth in midfield, where Coach Yu Hoshide will have several options to choose from.

The club is grateful for Kekkonen’s time with the Men’s team, and to him for giving a hundred percent every time he donned the yellow and black. Kaya FC-Iloilo wishes him all the best in his future endeavors, both on the field and off.

“I want to also thank the fans for the continuing support. As a new player, I felt welcomed by them since the very first day,” he added. “Now it’s my turn to support the team to win the PFL title! Maraming salamat!”

https://www.kayafc.com/news/oskari-kekkonen-bids-goodbye/?fbclid=IwAR3uIoAJYCqq2UyeeqbiPEtymiJP8-6MLnBonwTKUAgFoXPzNSR58Ri9MKo




No comments:

Post a Comment