06 January 2012

Limpag: The other Palami and a ‘screwy PFF office’

Fair Play
Saturday, January 7, 2012
MY supposedly 24-hour trip to Manila got extended but I didn’t mind spending another 24 hours in traffic-mad Manila because I learned a lot of things.
I went to Manila not for the charity match between the Azkals and the CF Madrid (aired live today at 4 p.m.) as most expected, but to listen to a 20-minute speech Dan Palami gave in Philam Life’s sales convention.

Philam, where my wife works, got Dan as the guest speaker with a little help from me and as a thank you, they got me tickets to Manila. Which, of course, was fine by me.
Now, one of the things I learned is that Dan Palami can be literally in two places at the same time and it’s not by magic.
I met the other Dan Palami and boy has he got stories to tell, and one of these days I’m going to get an exclusive interview with the other Palami. Maybe, I’ll get him to spill some juicy bits about Philippine football. Perhaps, I can also try to convince him to get rid of this uniform provider for the team (because they suck) and get a new one?
I also learned that one Filipino player is going to sign for Barcelona (if Real Madrid doesn’t get him first), and I’m serious. We didn’t have a single drop of alcohol in our system when I, Cedelf Tupas, the original Dan Palami, and Global FC coach Graeme Mackinnon discussed this “uncapped player” who could be also playing for the US national team.
Who is this dude? Just wait. You’ll hear about him soon enough.

More Sun Star Cebu

No comments:

Post a Comment