27 July 2015

Summer signing keen to establish himself between the posts...

THERE was a home debut for goalkeeper, Neil Etheridge, at the weekend. 

The former Fulham and Charlton Athletic custodian made a favourable first impression as he helped The Saddlers secure a 1-1 draw with Premier League neighbours, Aston Villa. 

"I enjoyed it out there," he said with a smile at the end. "It was fantastic for us to come up against top-flight opponents and I thought our fans really got behind us too, so it was a good day. 

"This is my first season when I'll be playing week in, week out and I am looking forward to it. We've got good backroom staff here to help me and I feel ready to face the challenge head on. 

"I'll be doing everything I can to establish myself here; it's a good club to be at and the work that I have done over the summer has been excellent and really helped me. 

"Now I want to show people what I can do." 

There will be more action against top-flight opposition for Etheridge and his team-mates on Tuesday evening when West Bromwich Albion provide the opposition. 

Kick-off is 7.30pm and admission is £12 (adults) and £6 (concessions). Come along and show your support! 
Read more at http://www.saddlers.co.uk/news/article/etheridge-happy-2573315.aspx#hsHGZGMYJrhukyvZ.99

No comments:

Post a Comment