07 September 2019

Belles sign Filipina international Madarang



The Belles have completed the signing of Filipina international midfielder Eva Madarang, subject to international clearance.
Madarang has made the Belles her first side in English football, making the move across the Atlantic after time in college football with Moorpark College in California and Rogers State University in Oklahoma.
21-year-old Madarang also provides the Belles with international pedigree, having played nine times for the Phillipines’ national team, scoring five times, four of those coming in qualifying for the 2018 Asia Cup, and she is looking to hit the ground running in Doncaster.
“I’m really excited to sign for the Belles, I’ve heard all about the great history of the club, so I’m really looking forward to getting started here and really enjoying my football, it’s a big way to start my career over here,” she said.
“I can play anywhere really, I’m happy to help out where I can, I played in defence at centre half when I was growing up, it was only once I got into college football where I moved more into the midfield.
“Everyone has been really nice and welcoming since I’ve been over here, that’s been really good for me, having good people around a club is good, especially when you’re trying to build like we are here, so I’m really looking forward to what is to come.”
Madarang was named Moorpark College’s MVP in 2016, as well as making it into the All-Star team for her college league the following year, adding to her appearance for the Philippines at the South East Asia Games in 2017, and she felt a big reason for her joining the Belles was their desire to capture her signature more than anyone else.
“This was the most attractive offer I had to come here, I knew there were other teams that were interested in me, but the Belles showed more interest than anyone else so it made my decision an easy one,” she added.
“It makes you feel really positive, if someone goes out their way to really show that they want you to sign then it makes you feel welcome, so I’m really happy to be here at the Belles and enjoying my football.
“We definitely want to look at getting back to where the Belles should be, we are looking at promotion this year, for me, I want to go back and get to basics again, something simple that can help us to win games and get back up the leagues.”

No comments:

Post a Comment