11 February 2024

Azkals player Sato joins Davao Aguilas

 MANILA, Philippines: FILIPINO-JAPANESE national footballer Daisuke Sato has finally returned to his roots after announcing his intention to play for the Davao Aguilas FC in the upcoming Philippine Football League (PFL) next month.

Davao Aguilas Club President Mike Atayde confirmed the latest development over the weekend, saying they are very happy to sign up Sato in their roster not only as a player but also a football teacher for aspiring young talents in their club.

"This is absolutely my big dream to play for Davao, the place where I was born. I always feel at home and connected with Davao," Sato, the 29-year-old defender, said. "I really wanted to play for Davao ever since, but I was playing abroad then. I traveled around Europe for the last ten years." He also expressed confidence to the capability of the Davao Aguilas coached by head tactician Aber Ruzgal and assistant Luis Atayde, noting that he's super excited to lead the team.

"We can achieve greater things and I'm here to help and do everything for the club. I'm ready for it." Sato, a Sports Science graduate from Sendai University, added that this is the right time to give back to Philippine football particularly to the kids who are aspiring to play global competitive football to represent the country as a national player.

"The Philippines has so many talented players, but we have to maximize these talents, and I want to be the one to guide, teach and help them with my experience," Sato added. "The Philippines need grassroots to develop our homegrown players to promote for the national team." The SATO DAFC UMAK football school will be our starting point.

https://www.manilatimes.net/2024/02/10/sports/azkals-player-sato-joins-davao-aguilas/1931937?fbclid=IwAR3EP3zVd7A-bEhznmGI84QhLIXwSdFqTkFuk3Y8z9dcgbEPHjTBfgcIl2w



No comments:

Post a Comment